Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Subway Day

Many students enjoyed subs at lunch today. They were really quite good considering how many had to be made.

We had a bus evacuation drill today. It went well with the exception of some muddy pants after not quite getting on our feet out of the bus...nothing that Tide can't handle, I'm sure.

There isn't a lot of homework for tomorrow especially for those who worked over the weekend.

1) Spelling Unit 7 Assignment
2) Social Studies Grids

Remember that Friday is black and orange day. Wear these colours and show your school spirit and earn some points for your house too!

Also, please bring items for Operation Christmas Child. Everything goes to children in countries where they don't normally receive Christmas presents. Some things you can bring are wash clothes, tooth brushes, hard candy, combs, school supplies, and the like. Everything MUST be new.

I'd just like to remind everyone to bring back their Parent-Teacher-Student interview forms ASAP. If you aren't quite sure when you can make it, take your time but it would be nice to have them back soon so that arrangements can be made.

I sent home the November book order forms today which I realize seems very early since we just got the October ones in. However, I received the October forms very late so there's not much I can do about that. The due date for November forms (and the Holiday Gift Book forms when I get these) will be November 10th. I expect we'll have our October book orders next Tuesday or Wednesday but I can't promise anything.

I hope everyone enjoys the evening. The weather has improved a bit today. See you tomorrow!

Miss Keil